Claim to fame

Well here's my recent claim to fame...

I have sold one of my painting's (yes that's the third one I have sold *smug*) to entrepreneur Alexandra Depledge!! 

Through word of mouth she got in contact with me and wanted a birthday present for her husband. She sent me a couple of favourite family photos until we decided on the best one for me to copy on to canvas. 

Although I have always painted portraits I had never painted a whole background and people for a direct relative (it was handy that they were facing the other way). The background was very complicated as it involved perspective and incorporated hundreds of cobbles. 

My creative process always involves a positive start, a very shaky middle with me saying 'I can't do this' and then I make a couple of marks which brings the piece together and it spurs me on to finish. I am sure all artists can relate to this. 

Below are a couple of photos of the finished painting and how many colours went in to this one piece for you to browse through... Comments are appreciated :) 

Acrylic on canvas board 12'x16' 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LKM ART

Hills of Scotland